|Before submitting you must agree to the following terms and conditions:
Char-Broil’s Outside Idea Submission Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in Char-Broil, LLC (together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, “Char-Broil”) and your desire to submit an idea to us. As you can imagine, Char-Broil receives many outside submissions proposing products and ideas for its use and commercialization every year. At the same time, Char-Broil’s scientific, technical, business development, and marketing team members are continuously devoting substantial efforts to developing new and improved products and have access to prior patents, publications, and other sources of information. Accordingly, it is often the case that ideas submitted to Char-Broil for its consideration have already been considered, do not lie within its fields of interest, have already been developed, or are in the public domain.
In order to avoid any misperceptions and to provide reasonable protection for itself and the inventor, Char-Broil does not accept outside ideas for new products except under strict guidelines. By submitting your idea and any related materials (collectively, the “Submission”) to Char-Broil, you (the “Submitter”) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (this “Agreement”). This Agreement shall apply to the entire idea submission process, including all correspondence between you and Char-Broil, Char-Broil’s evaluations, and any future submissions you provide to Char-Broil (“Subsequent Submissions”). Please do not continue if you do not agree with the terms and condition of this Agreement.
1. All information and Submissions will be treated as non-confidential information. You agree the information submitted by you does not contain confidential information and Char-Broil has no obligation to make such disclosures confidential unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
2. Your idea is patented or patent pending with a published patent application. You have obtained and/or have applied for a patent for your Submission or Subsequent Submissions with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) and if your patent has not yet granted, the patent application has been published by the USPTO. Please consult your patent attorney to learn the status of your idea.
3. Your patent rights are the only rights you can rely upon to protect your idea. You agree to rely solely on your patent rights as established under U.S. and/or any foreign laws to protect any proprietary information in the Submission and all Subsequent Submissions. You understand that you may risk impairing or losing the ability to protect your patent rights under applicable law if you have not adequately protected them at or before the time of this Submission. Accordingly, you hereby release Char-Broil from any liability in connection with the consideration, evaluation, adoption, modification, sale or use of the Submission and all Subsequent Submissions or activities or products involving the Submission and all Subsequent Submissions.
4. You are not granting Char-Broil any patent rights at the time of submission nor is Char-Broil obligated to pursue your idea. A Submission or Subsequent Submission under this Agreement shall not obligate Char-Broil to enter into any further agreement of any kind. Char-Broil may or may not follow-up in its own discretion and is under no obligation to provide Submitter with information pertaining to the evaluation of the Submission or reasons supporting a decision to pursue or not to pursue the Submission.
5. You represent and warrant that you own all rights to information in this Submission and any Subsequent Submission and are legally entitled to make this Submission. Further, you must be at least 18 years of age and of legal capacity to make this Submission.
6. No information contained with this Submission or any Subsequent Submission shall in any way limit or restrict Char-Broil from using any information previously known to, or independently developed by Char-Broil. Char-Broil receives idea submissions frequently. At the same time, Char-Broil is continuously devoting substantial efforts to developing new and improved products. Accordingly, it is often the case that information and ideas submitted to Char-Broil for consideration have already been considered, do not lie within our fields of interest, have already been developed by Char-Broil, or are in the public domain.
7. Char-Broil is not obligated to return materials submitted with this Submission or with any Subsequent Submissions, such as, but not limited to, documents, pictures, sketches, prototypes, models, and the like.
8. In no event will Char-Broil be liable to Submitter for, and you hereby waive any and all claims and release Char-Broil from any existing or future claims for, any lost profits, lost savings or incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, arising out of this Submission or any Subsequent Submissions, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. This is the complete and only agreement between Submitter and Char-Broil. This Agreement sets forth Submitter’s entire understanding with Char-Broil and supersedes any previous discussions or correspondence regarding the subject matter of the Submission. There are no other understandings, agreements, or representations, expressed or implied.
10. The laws of the State of Georgia shall govern the enforcement and interpretation of this Agreement without reference or regard to conflict of law provisions or other laws of any jurisdiction that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia. The parties hereby agree that any litigation arising directly or indirectly out of, or in any way relating to this Agreement shall commence exclusively in a state or federal court located closest to Columbus, Georgia and that each party, by this Agreement, consents to the jurisdiction of these courts. The decision by the court shall be binding and conclusive upon the parties, their successors and assigns. If any clause or provision of this Agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such clause or provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
11. You acknowledge and agree that should Char-Broil not be interested in your idea, your Submission or Subsequent Submission may be transmitted for review by another entity.
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not submit an idea.